- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003
- Photograph of group standing with plaque at membership fundraiser for the NAACP at Benedict College, April 1965
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights--South Carolina
Civil rights movements--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
- 1 photograph. From left: Dr. W. H. Young of Anderson, S.C., George E. Meares, of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Dr. Noble P. Cooper of Columbia, S.C., Ms. Julie Varner Wright, I. DeQuincey Newman of Columbia, S.C., Matthew Perry, and J. Arthur Brown of Charleston, S.C. Meares served as the guest speaker. From 1964-1967, he served as the Grand Basileus (national president) of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, whose members include Newman, Cooper, Perry, and James E. Clyburn.
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For further information please contact the University of South Carolina, South Carolina Political Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers, Photographs, Civil Rights Related, General.
Isaiah DeQuincey Newman Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections