- William Gravely Oral History Collection on the Lynching of Willie Earle
- Robert Ashmore Oral History interview, 1988 November
- Ashmore, Robert T.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Department of Oral History, University Libraries
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--South Carolina--History--20th century
African Americans--South Carolina--Interviews
Civil rights--South Carolina
Greenville County (S.C.)--Race Relations--History
- Ashmore, Robert T. (Robert Thomas), 1904-1989
Earle, Willie, 1922-1947
- United States, South Carolina, Greenville County, Greenville, 34.85262, -82.39401
- oral histories (literary works)
- A second oral history interview by William Gravely with retired Congressman Robert Ashmore, also at Ashmore's law office in Greenville, which took place in November of 1988. Topics include specific aspects and issues of the court case regarding suspected participants in the lynching of Willie Earle, such as Ashmore's assessment of those involved and methods used in the investigation. A final transcript of the interview is included.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright: University of South Carolina. The transcript and audio are provided for individual research purposes only; for all other uses, including publication, reproduction, and quotation beyond fair use, permission must be obtained in writing from: Department of Oral History, University Libraries, University of South Carolina.
- Original Collection:
- Call Number: GRA 002
William Gravely Oral History Collection on the Lynching of Willie Earle
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library