- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Civil Rights Demonstrators March in Columbia
- Dawson, Mickey
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Civil rights movements
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Protestors marching against racial discrimination speak with police officers in downtown Columbia. The group of young civil rights activists were organized by the Youth Movement of the NAACP and marched from Bethel AME Church on Sumter Street up Main Street to the State House.
Main Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, Negro Demonstrations in town, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library