- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Blacks United for Action march on Main Street
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- South Carolina State House (Columbia, S.C.)
- Harper, John Roy, II, 1939-2003
Redfern, James, II
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Civil rights demonstrators with the local group Blacks United for Action march on Main Street to demand greater services for blacks from city and state government. On the front row activist Redfern II is second from the left and Roy Harper II is on the far right. One member is holding a large Black Liberation flag.
Main Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 50, Protest march, 4E-1388, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library