- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Students protest the closing of Hopkins High School
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
High school students
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Students protest the closing of Hopkins High School outside Richland County School District One's Waverley Administration Building. Hopkins, formerly a high school serving African American students, will reopen in the 1971-72 school year as a middle school for both black and white students. Former Hopkins High School students will attend Lower Richland High School.
1225 Oak Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 48, Hopkins High students picketing, 4E-0461, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library