- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Witness arrives at the United States Court House for hearing on Orangeburg deaths
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Orangeburg Massacre, Orangeburg, S.C., 1968
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- black-and-white photographs
- UPI news photographer Carey Womack, with back to camera, arrives at the United States Court House as a witness in a hearing to determine if South Carolina State Highway Department officers used excessive force to suppress student protests near the South Carolina State College campus in Orangeburg. Three students were killed by officers in the melee. Womack took photographs of the event which have been subpoenaed by the Justice Department.
1110 Laurel Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 39, Federal Courthouse, Orangeburg Riots hearing, 4D-1250, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library