- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Raising the Confederate Flag at Lexington County Courthouse
- Shealy, Bud
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- South Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- May, John Amasa
Jones, Francis Cyril, 1919-1968
- United States, South Carolina, Lexington County, 33.90233, -81.27219
United States, South Carolina, Lexington County, Lexington, 33.98154, -81.23621
- Representative John A. May speaks at a flag-raising ceremony marking the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War. The South Carolina Confederate Centennial Committee and the Lexington County Historical Society conducted the event, which was reported to be the first Confederate flag raising over a government building in the modern era.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 268, Lexington County Court House, Mr. Floyd Spence raising of Confederate Flag, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library