- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Attorneys in desegregation lawsuit at U.S. Courthouse
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Perry, Matthew J. (Matthew James), 1921-2011
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Attorneys for the NAACP enter the United States Court House to argue for complete desegregation of school districts in South Carolina. The NAACP is contending that the state's current system of operating a freedom of choice program while maintaining both a white and black school system does not comply with the 1964 court order to integrate the state's schools. Pictured left to right are attorneys Willie T. Smith Jr. of Greenville, Earl Coblyn of Orangeburg and Matthew J. Perry of Columbia.
1110 Laurel Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 34, Desegregation plans for S.C. Counties, Federal Courthouse, 4C-6239, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library