- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Modjeska Simkins addresses the Democratic Executive Committee
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- City Hall (Columbia, S.C.)
Columbia (S.C.). City Council
- Simkins, Modjeska Monteith, 1899-1992
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Mrs. Modjeska Simkins addresses members of the Executive Committee of Columbia's Democratic Party regarding the results of the latest primary to select nominees for the Columbia City Council. Mrs. Simkins, who was a candidate but not nominated, is protesting what she describes at voting irregularities.
1737 Main Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 33, City Council Voting, Mrs. Simkins protest, 4C-5549, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library