- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Roy Wilkins at South Carolina State College
- Taylor, Richard
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Orangeburg Massacre, Orangeburg, S.C., 1968
South Carolina State College
- Wilkins, Roy, 1901-1981
Butler, Oscar P.
Holman, Alonzo William, 1934-2004
Nance, M. Maceo (Milligan Maceo), 1925-2001
- United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, 33.43899, -80.8003
United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, Orangeburg, 33.49182, -80.85565
- Roy Wilkins of N.Y., executive director of the NAACP, gives a speech in Orangeburg at S.C. State College. He challenges South Carolina Governor Robert McNair to admit that the February 8 killing of 3 students in Orangeburg was a mistake. On stage with Wilkins is, left to right, Oscar P. Butler, dean of students at S.C. State, Al W. Holman of the S.C. chapter of the NAACP, Dr. C. H. Thomas, president of the Orangeburg chapter of the NAACP, and Dr. Maceo Nance, president of S.C. State College.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, Roy Wilkins, at State College, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library