- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Martin Luther King, Jr. addresses a crowd in Kingstree
- Tutte, Vic
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movements
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, South Carolina, Williamsburg County, 33.61993, -79.72771
United States, South Carolina, Williamsburg County, Kingstree, 33.66766, -79.83063
- Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers an address at the Tomlinson High School athletic field to encourage voter participation in upcoming elections. King calls for a "march on the ballot boxes" by South Carolina voters to protect and expand civil rights.
415 Lexington Avenue, Kingstree, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 303, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library