- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Civil rights protesters on Main Street
- Underwood, Dave
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movements
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Students hold signs protesting segregated movie theaters outside the Palmetto Theatre on Main Street. The signs read 'Help Stamp Out Discrimination Now,' '1-2-3-4 We Want To Go In The Front Door' and 'Freedom Now.'
1413 Main Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, NAACP Rally, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library