- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Henry-James Hotel after a fire
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Door of Hope (Columbia, S.C.)
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- black-and-white photographs
- The Henry-James Hotel for Negro travelers, operated by Willie James and Mrs. Mamie Henry, after a fire. Prior to becoming a hotel the building was a home for unwed mothers known as the Door of Hope.
1516 Calhoun Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 22, St. James Negro Hotel, Fire, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library