- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- South Carolina Democratic Convention delegate holds his nose
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Democratic Party (S.C.)
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- black-and-white photographs
- G. F. Patton of Fairfield County, a delegate to the S.C. Democratic convention, holds his nose as he demonstrates that he is voting for Republicans Nixon and Lodge in the 1960 presidential election. Amid much controversy the South Carolina Democratic Party ultimately supported the National Democratic Party's candidate John F. Kennedy for the office of President of the United States, despite Patton's and others' opposition.
1703 Taylor Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 21, Democratic Convention, meeting at Wade Hampton Hotel and Township Auditorium, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library