- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Freedom Rider Charles Person
- Shealy, Bud
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Freedom Rides, 1961
Civil rights movements
- Person, Charles, 1942-
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) group member Charles Person reads the Columbia Record newspaper at the Trailways Bus Terminal in Columbia before catching a new bus to Sumter. Person and other CORE members traveled through the South as part of a Freedom Ride demonstration challenging segregation.
1340 Sumter Street, Columbia, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, Negroes, traveling by bus from Florida to Washington on segregation business, photos in Columbia and Sumter, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library