- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Charleston hospital workers' strike, rally at County Hall
- The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
Civil rights movements
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990
Moultrie, Mary Ann
- United States, South Carolina, Charleston County, 32.74917, -79.94202
United States, South Carolina, Charleston County, Charleston, 32.77657, -79.93092
- Rally at County Hall on Mother's Day in support of non-professional hospital workers on strike. Ralph D. Abernathy of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference is one of the rally organizers and leaders and may be standing far left. Seated in center in white is Mary Ann Moultrie, hospital nurse's aide and strike leader. Strikers demanded fair wages for female, black workers who were paid less than their white counterparts.
1000 King Street, Charleston, S.C.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, Mother's Day march Charleston SC strike, The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library