Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Matthew Perry and Henrie Monteith
- Tutte, Vic
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Columbia, S.C. : Richland Library
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movements
- Perry, Matthew J. (Matthew James), 1921-2011
Treadwell, Henrie M.
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, Washington Street, 34.00543, -81.03093
- black-and-white photographs
- Matthew Perry (left) and Henrie Monteith in Perry's law office at Jenkins and Perry Attorneys at Law. Perry represented Monteith in her discrimination lawsuit against the University of South Carolina. Monteith won her suit to be admitted to the University. A photograph of Perry and Harvey Gantt hangs on the wall behind Monteith. Gantt was Perry's client and in 1963 became the first African American to attend Clemson College.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright © The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, Henri Monteith, Photos in office of Lawyer
The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library