Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- State Hospital officials discuss desegregation plan
- Cosgrove, Al
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Columbia, S.C. : Richland Library
- Date of Original:
- South Carolina State Hospital
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- images (object genre)
- C. M. Tucker, Jr., chairman of the State Mental Health Commission, and Dr. William S. Hall, State Mental Health Commissioner, discuss in a press conference plans to desegregate the State Hospital's segregated mental health facilities in order to comply with the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright © The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, State Hospital, discussion on de-segregation, 4C-4221
The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library