Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Delegation addresses the Board of Columbia School District 1
- Tutte, Vic
The State Media Company (Columbia, S.C.)
- Columbia, S.C. : Richland Library
- Date of Original:
- School administrators
- Simkins, Modjeska Monteith, 1899-1992
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 1311 Marion Street
- images (object genre)
- Modjeska Simkins and others with the Richland County Citizens Committee address the Board of Columbia School District 1 during a meeting at the Columbia School Administrative Office. Simkins and others are asking that the schools voluntarily integrate and that improvements be made at Booker T. Washington High School, among other demands. Caldwell Withers is chairman of the District 1 Board.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright © The State Media Company. All rights reserved. For more information, contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at Richland Library, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
- Original Collection:
- Box 267, Richland School Board, Negro group asks for voluntary integration of Columbia schools
The State Newspaper Photograph Archive
- Contributing Institution:
- Richland Library