- Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement
- Handwriten arrest ledger
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Sheriff's Dept.
- Date of Original:
- African American civil rights workers--Alabama--Montgomery
Civil rights movements--Alabama--Montgomery
Segregation in transportation--Alabama--Montgomery
Montgomery Bus Boycott, Montgomery, Ala., 1955-1956
Civil rights demonstrations--Alabama--Montgomery
African American clergy--Alabama--Montgomery
African American women--Alabama--Montgomery
Women social reformers--Alabama--Montgomery
- United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, 32.22026, -86.20761
United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, Montgomery, 32.36681, -86.29997
- government records
- Scanned image from a page of the handwriten ledger where arrests were recorded by the sheriff's office in Montgomery, Alabama. The page records the arrests of Alberta J. James (number 7027) through Burl M. Averhart (7061). Although information is recorded in several columns, the columns are not labeled and it is unclear what all the notations mean.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Record Group, Montgomery County Archives, Courthouse Annex III, Montgomery, Alabama
- Contributing Institution:
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Archives