- Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement
- Martin Luther King, Jr., #7089
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Sheriff's Dept.
- Date of Original:
- African American civil rights workers--Alabama--Montgomery
Civil rights movements--Alabama--Montgomery
Segregation in transportation--Alabama--Montgomery
Montgomery Bus Boycott, Montgomery, Ala., 1955-1956
Civil rights demonstrations--Alabama--Montgomery
African American clergy--Alabama--Montgomery
- Conley, P. E.
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
Johnson, H. H.
McClain, Henry A.
Richburg, Mose W.
Walker, L. C.
Primus, James T.
- United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, 32.22026, -86.20761
United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, Montgomery, 32.36681, -86.29997
- government records
- Scanned image from one of the Montgomery County, Alabama Sheriff's Department's mug shot volumes showing Martin Luther King, Jr. and other African American men arrested on February 21, 1956 for their leadership during the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The books of mug shots were divided by race and gender.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Original Collection:
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Record Group, Montgomery County Archives, Courthouse Annex III, Montgomery, Alabama
- Contributing Institution:
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Archives