- Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement
- Charlie Polk, Jr.
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Sheriff's Dept.
- Date of Original:
- African American civil rights workers--Alabama--Montgomery
Civil rights movements--Alabama--Montgomery
Segregation in transportation--Alabama--Montgomery
Montgomery Bus Boycott, Montgomery, Ala., 1955-1956
Civil rights demonstrations--Alabama--Montgomery
- Polk, Charlie
- United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, 32.22026, -86.20761
United States, Alabama, Montgomery County, Montgomery, 32.36681, -86.29997
- identification photographs
- Mug shot of Charlie Polk, Jr. taken after his arrest on February 21, 1956 for his role in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Polk's arrest number is 7065.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Record Group, Montgomery County Archives, Courthouse Annex III, Montgomery, Alabama
- Contributing Institution:
- Montgomery County (Ala.). Archives