- Building the African-American Community
- First Baptist Church - Group to Consider a New Church
- Date of Original:
- African American choirs--Texas--Austin
African American Baptists--Texas--Austin
- United States, Texas, Travis County, Austin, 30.26715, -97.74306
- Photograph of a group of people from the congregation of First Baptist Church. They are arranged in two rows and those in the front are sitting in chairs. Most of the people are wearing choir robes, and a man to the left of the photograph is posing with a string bass. The photograph was taken outside, in front of a building When First Baptist Church was at it's 14th and Red River Streets location in 1930, Rev. Levi Stanmore selected 10 groups to discuss, review the survey given to them, and at a later date give their group reports to him about "considering a New Church". This is group #7, the Senior Choir, Sister Ann Grant, Director.
- Local Identifier:
- local-cont-no: frm-0089
- Metadata URL:
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 5 x 7 in.
- Contributing Institution:
- Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum