- Building the African-American Community
- First Baptist Church - Group to Consider a New Church
- Date of Original:
- African American Baptists--Texas--Austin
- United States, Texas, Travis County, Austin, 30.26715, -97.74306
- Photograph of twelve people from the First Baptist Church congregation. They are posed in two rows with those in front sitting in chairs and the back row standing behind them. The photograph appears to have been taken outside, in front of a building. When First Baptist Church was at it's 14th and Red River Streets location in 1930, Rev. Levi Stanmore selected 10 groups to discuss, review the survey given to them, and at a later date give their group reports to him about "considering a New Church". This is group #9, the Deaconesses.
- Local Identifier:
- local-cont-no: frm-0090
- Metadata URL:
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 5 x 7 in.
- Contributing Institution:
- Jacob Fontaine Religious Museum