- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Charlayne Hunter-Gault
- Contributor to Resource:
- Image from Charlayne Hunter-Gault
- Date of Original:
- Journalists--United States
African American journalists
Women journalists--United States
African American women journalists
African American women
African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights--United States
- Hunter-Gault, Charlayne
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- The journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault became a CNN correspondent in 1999, reporting from South Africa. Today, she is CNN's Johannesburg, South Africa, bureau chief.
Photograph of the journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault.
Hunter-Gault became a CNN correspondent in 1999, reporting from South Africa. Today, she is CNN's Johannesburg, South Africa, bureau chief. She holds a place in Georgia civil rights history as one of the first two African American students admitted to the University of Georgia. Also known for her career as an award-winning journalist, Hunter-Gault is respected for her work on television and in print.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)