- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- A Theater of Demonstrations: Greensboro, North Carolina (Understanding Drama)
- Watson, Robert W.
- Date of Original:
- Greensboro Massacre, Greensboro, N.C., 1979
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- Twenty-eight page draft of an essay written for Harper's magazine, regarding the murder of five Worker's Viewpoint Organization members at the Death to the Klan rally, in Greensboro, North Carolina, on November 3, 1979, and the mass civil rights protests led by Jesse Jackson in downtown Greensboro, in the spring of 1963. A portion of the essay was published in the March 1980 issue of Harper's. The portion regarding the 1963 demonstrations was taken from an earlier essay titled "A Game of Nonviolence."
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- IN COPYRIGHT. This item is subject to copyright. Contact the contributing institution for permission to reuse.
- 11" x 8.5"
- Original Collection:
The Robert Watson Papers, from which this item was taken, have been digitized and are available online at http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/robertwatsonpapers/collection/MSS
MSS084 Robert W. Watson Papers, 1948-1980
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries