- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter of response to William Friday from John W. Davis]
- Davis, John W.
- Date of Original:
- Black power
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Black power--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This photocopied letter is the response of Greensboro accountant John W. Davis to William Friday, president of the University of North Carolina. Friday had requested that Davis meet with him and with Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) about issues raised in an earlier letter. Davis had been upset about the Black Power Forum held November 1-3 at UNCG and about the hiring of activist Howard Fuller at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In his response, Davis refuses to meet with Friday and Ferguson and restates his displeasure over both issues with some degree of sarcasm. There are also newspaper clippings attached, including two letters to the editor of the Greensboro Record (one by Mr. Davis) and a column from a publication called The Democrat, dates October 5, 1967.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.8 Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries