- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter of Support from Franklin D. Parker to Chancellor Ferguson]
- Parker, Franklin Dallas
- Date of Original:
- Black power
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Black power--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This letter, dated November 19, 1967, from Franklin D. Parker of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) Department of History and Political Science to UNCG Chancellor James Sharbrough Fergsuon, expresses Parker's support for Fergsuon's recently published comments about the controversial Black Power Forum held at UNCG November 1-3, 1967. Parker also notes unspecified comments by Lieutenant Governor Robert Scott criticizing the forum, and goes on to mention his own impressions of the forum (many of them negative), but concludes that there have indeed been educational benefits to the forum.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.8 Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries