- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Timeline of events related to the Greensboro sit-ins]
- Blackwell, Gordon Williams
- Date of Original:
- Greensboro Sit-ins, Greensboro, N.C., 1960
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Civil rights demonstrations
Race relations--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This document, dated February 10, 1960, is a chronological listing of events surrounding the Greensboro sit-ins, which began February 1, 1960, including the response of Woman's College and Chancellor Gordon William Blackwell. The timeline documents negotiations involving WCUNC and North Carolina A&T State University. Several WCUNC students participated in the sit-ins, and the timeline concludes with a mention of Blackwell's address to the student body in which he was critical of student participation. There is a cover letter showing that the timeline was sent by Blackwell to the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees and to University of North Carolina President William Friday.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.6 Gordon Williams Blackwell Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries