- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Gordon Williams Blackwell]
- Date of Original:
- Greensboro Sit-ins, Greensboro, N.C., 1960
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Civil rights demonstrations
Race relations--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This is a photographic portrait of Gordon Williams Blackwell, chancellor of Woman?s College of the University of North Carolina (now The University of North Carolina at Greensboro)from 1957-1960. Blackwell led the university at the time of the 1960 Greensboro sit-ins (in which several students participated) and was involved in early negotiations to bring the protests to a close.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 5.13" x 7.2"
- Original Collection:
UA104 Photographic Prints Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries