- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Response Letter from Chancellor Ferguson to George Watts Hill]
- Ferguson, James Sharbrough
- Date of Original:
- Black power
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Black power--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This letter, dated November 17, 1967, is a response from University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson to George Watts Hill of Durham. Hill had originally written Ferguson on November 17, 1967, thanking him for his published comments of the controversial Black Power Forum, held November 1-3, 1967 at UNCG. Ferguson's response thanks Hill for his support, restates his certainty about his position on the matter, and also mentions that Lieutenant Governor Robert Scott's comments "encouraged" misunderstandings about the event.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.8 Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries