- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Memo to the faculty of WCUNC about the Greensboro sit-ins]
- Blackwell, Gordon Williams
- Date of Original:
- Greensboro Sit-ins, Greensboro, N.C., 1960
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Civil rights demonstrations
Race relations--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This memorandum from Chancellor Gordon William Blackwell dated March 16, 1960, addresses the publicity given to Blackwell's remarks to the student body following the sit-ins. Blackwell states that his comments, which were critical of the sit-ins, must be viewed in light of the fact that the events had occurred so close to an event that had been planned in advance, and notes that he is working on a solution to the problem. Several Woman's College students participated in the sit-ins.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.6 Gordon Williams Blackwell Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries