- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- Young to Speak at A&T Program on Sit-Ins
- Cunningham, Dwight F.
- Date of Original:
- Greensboro Sit-ins, Greensboro, N.C., 1960
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights demonstration--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- clippings (information artifacts)
- This Greensboro Daily News article, published January 25, 1980, announces Andrew Young as the featured speaker at commemoration ceremonies and the unveiling of two historic markers memorializing the 1960 sit-ins at Woolworth store and the 1969 Dudley High/A&T protests. The The article also includes a schedule of events celebrating the anniversary of the sit-ins. The events were sponsored by the February One Committee of Greensboro and by the North Carolina A&T State University Student Government Association. This article was clipped and saved in a scrapbook about the twentieth anniversary of the 1960 lunch counter sit-ins by Clarence "Curly" Harris, manager of the Greensboro Woolworth store at the time of the sit-ins.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- IN COPYRIGHT. This item is subject to copyright. Contact the contributing institution for permission to reuse.
- 9" x 11"
- Original Collection:
MSS141 Clarence Lee Harris Papers, circa 1916-1997
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries