- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- Resolution with respect to decision of the United States Supreme Court banning segregation in the public schools
- Greensboro City Board of Education
- Greensboro, N.C. : Greensboro City Board of Education
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This resolution passed by the Greensboro City Board of Education on May 18, 1954 states that the board will "instruct the Superintendent [Benjamin L. Smith] to study and report to the Board regarding ways and means for complying with the Court's decision." This resolution was among several passed by the Greensboro Board of Education to address how the city would desegregate its public schools in the wake of the Brown v. Board of Education decision.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries