- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- Resolution authorizing the city superintendent of schools to make certain temporary assignments of children to schools
- Greensboro City Board of Education
- Greensboro, N.C. : Greensboro City Board of Education
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This resolution passed by the Greensboro City Board of Education on July 23, 1957 rescinds a May 21 resolution, and allows Superintendent Benjamin L. Smith to temporarily assign students to schools for the 1957-1958 school year if a child has not been assigned to a school or their place of residence has changed from the previous year. This resolution was among several passed by the Greensboro Board of Education to address how the city would desegregate its public schools in the wake of the Brown v. Board of Education decision and the state legislature?s passage of the Pearsall Plan.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries