- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter from B. Tartt Bell to Benjamin L. Smith]
- Bell, B. Tartt
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This August 23, 1957 letter from B. Tartt Bell to Benjamin L. Smith expresses support for Smith's work desegregating Greensboro schools. Bell also thanks Smith for the opportunity he and the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) have been given to help prepare the community for desegregation. At the time of this letter, Bell was executive secretary of the southeast region of the AFSC and Smith was superintendent of Greensboro's public school system.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries