- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter of support from Helen Atkinson to Beth Taylor]
- Atkinson, Helen
- Date of Original:
- Guilford College
Greensboro (N.C.)--Race relations
Protest movements--United States
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This letter from Helen Atkinson, of the Doylestown, PA Quaker Meeting was written to Beth Taylor to express her support of Taylor's participation in the recent sit-in demonstrations protesting segregation at the S&W Cafeteria in Greensboro. Taylor, a student at Guilford College was scheduled to stand trial following her arrest during the demonstration on charges of trespassing. Helen Atkinson expressed her hope that the trial would come to a "peaceful settlement based upon human love and brotherhood." This is one of many letters of support Taylor received from her home community following her arrest.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- IN COPYRIGHT. This item is subject to copyright. Contact the contributing institution for permission to reuse.
- 6.045" x 7.853"
- Original Collection:
MS91 Huldah (Beth) Taylor Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries