- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter of support from Professor Polhemus to Beth Taylor]
- Polhemus, Oscar M.
- Contributor to Resource:
- Polhemus, Helen S Mrs.
- Date of Original:
- Guilford College
Greensboro (N.C.)--Race relations
Protest movements--United States
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This letter from Guilford College professor of Political Science Oscar Polhemus and his wife Helen expressed their support of Beth Taylor's participation in the sit-in at the S&W Cafeteria in Greensboro. They noted that while they would not be able to shield her from the 'ostracism and criticism' that was likely to follow; they would like to support her as much as possible, including helping with any fines incurred by her actions. This was significant as not all of the Guilford College community supported the student participation in such demonstrations.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- IN COPYRIGHT. This item is subject to copyright. Contact the contributing institution for permission to reuse.
- 5.81" x 6.683"
- Original Collection:
MS91 Huldah (Beth) Taylor Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries