- Moncrief photograph collection
- Dahmer, case suspects, Jan 1968
- Moncrief, Winfred H., 1923-
- Date of Original:
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- )--Mississippi
Forrest County (Miss.)--History
African American civil rights workers--Violence against
African American civil rights workers--Crimes against
White supremacy movements--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966--Assassination
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, 31.18887, -89.25786
United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- black-and-white photographs
- January 25, 1968, arrest photo of Travis Buckley, who was arraigned in Forrest County Circuit Court (Hattiesburg, Miss.) on a charge of arson in the January 10, 1966, firebombing of Vernon Dahmer's house and store.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- The electronic files in the Moncrief Photograph Collection are intended for public use in research, teaching, and private study in accordance with the provisions of the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Any use beyond that prescribed by Fair Use requires the permission of the copyright holder, the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. In addition, MDAH asks that each image used in a presentation, display, or publication be accompanied by a credit line that gives the name of this collection, the unique ID #, the name of this institution, and URL, according to the following formula: Moncrief Photograph Collection, ID #, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, [http://www.mdah.state.ms.us]
- Original Collection:
- Moncrief (Winfred) Photograph Collection, Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- Contributing Institution:
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History