- Moncrief photograph collection
- March, Negro, July 29, 1967
- Moncrief, Winfred H., 1923-
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
Law enforcement officers--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
African Americans--Crimes against--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
African American clergy--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
- Barnes, Milton
Killingsworth, J. C., 1921-2007
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, 31.18887, -89.25786
United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- black-and-white photographs
- Demonstration July 29, 1967, Hattiesburg (Miss.), to protest the shooting of Lonnie Charles McGee on July 27 by patrolman Willie McGilvery. Part of activities associated with July-August economic boycott of city buses and businesses. Rev. J. C. Killingsworth (tall, black male in hat and suit) and Rev. Milton Barnes (black male in shirtsleeves and sunglasses) lead marchers up Batson Street to Forrest County courthouse.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- The electronic files in the Moncrief Photograph Collection are intended for public use in research, teaching, and private study in accordance with the provisions of the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Any use beyond that prescribed by Fair Use requires the permission of the copyright holder, the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. In addition, MDAH asks that each image used in a presentation, display, or publication be accompanied by a credit line that gives the name of this collection, the unique ID #, the name of this institution, and URL, according to the following formula: Moncrief Photograph Collection, ID #, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, [http://www.mdah.state.ms.us]
- Original Collection:
- Moncrief (Winfred) Photograph Collection, Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- Contributing Institution:
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History