- Moncrief photograph collection
- Dahmer, demonstrations, Jan 1966
- Moncrief, Winfred H., 1923-
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
African American churches--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
African American civil rights workers--Crimes against--Mississippi--Hattiesburg
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Employees
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966--Assassination
Evers, Charles, 1922-2020
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, 31.18887, -89.25786
United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- black-and-white photographs
- Demonstrations associated with murder and funeral of civil rights leader Vernon Dahmer, January 1966, Hattiesburg (Miss.). Charles Evers, state NAACP field secretary, speaks at podium, unidentified location and date. Possibly one of nightly meetings held at St. James Christian Methodist Episcopal Church in the week prior to the January 15 funeral.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- The electronic files in the Moncrief Photograph Collection are intended for public use in research, teaching, and private study in accordance with the provisions of the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Any use beyond that prescribed by Fair Use requires the permission of the copyright holder, the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. In addition, MDAH asks that each image used in a presentation, display, or publication be accompanied by a credit line that gives the name of this collection, the unique ID #, the name of this institution, and URL, according to the following formula: Moncrief Photograph Collection, ID #, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, [http://www.mdah.state.ms.us]
- Original Collection:
- Moncrief (Winfred) Photograph Collection, Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- Contributing Institution:
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History