- emergingVOICES of Coffee County
- emergingVOICES of Coffee County : silent no more ; voicing secrets - exposing history
- Date of Original:
- School integration--Georgia--Coffee County
Segregation in education--Georgia--Coffee County
Discrimination in education--Georgia--Coffee County
Coffee County (Ga.)--Race relations
African Americans--Education--Georgia--Coffee County
- United States, Georgia, Coffee County, 31.54927, -82.8492
- online exhibitions
- Online exhibit examining the integration of Coffee County, Georgia's public schools. Site contains clips of interviews and examines three time periods: Segregation (1865-1965), Optional Integration (1965-1969), and Mandatory Integration (1969-1970).
emergingVOICES, part of the ongoing project Playback & FastFORWARD, dedicates this work to those who generously and courageously recorded their memories of their period of intense change and inspire us now to speak.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- Coffee County Memory Project (Ga.)