Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Zion United Methodist Church in Marion, Alabama.
- Martin, Spider
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Perry County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The church was the starting place of the nighttime civil rights demonstration on February 18 during which Jimmie Lee Jackson was shot. Jackson's subsequent death on February 26 led to the attempted voting rights march on "Bloody Sunday."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History