Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Participants in a march in Philadelphia, Mississippi, held in memory of three civil rights workers who had been murdered the year before.
- Metz, George
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The three men, Michael Schwerner, James Chaney, and Andrew Goodman, were killed by Klansmen on June 21, 1964. The federal investigation into their deaths was code-named "Mississippi Burning."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History