Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Law enforcement officers speaking with several African American men outside Zion United Methodist Church in Marion, Alabama, the day after the civil rights demonstration during which Jimmie Lee Jackson was shot.
- Martin, Spider
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Perry County (Ala.)
- Turner, Albert, 1936-2000
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The officers are blocking another attempted march to the courthouse across the street from the church building. Albert Turner, is standing in the doorway. Jackson's subsequent death on February 26 led to "Bloody Sunday," an attempted voting rights march from Selma to Montgomery during which peaceful demonstrators were attacked by law enforcement officers.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History