Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Picketer protesting at the county courthouse in Mobile, Alabama, during the investigation into the murder of Michael Donald.
- Wheeler, Ron
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Mobile County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- He is holding a sign that reads, "On the night of March 20, 1981 a cross was burned on the courthouse lawn, the same night that Michael Donald was hung." Donald had been murdered by Ku Klux Klan members on March 20, 1981, and his body was hanged from a tree on Herndon Avenue in Mobile.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Mobile Press-Register
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History