Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- John LeFlore shaking hands with A. J. Cooper outside the International Longshoreman's Association Hall in Mobile, Alabama, before an event commemorating the 111th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation.
- McAuley, Roy C.
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
African Americans--Political activity
Mobile County (Ala.)
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015
Cooper, A. J., 1944-
LeFlore, John L., 1903-1976
Lewis, John, 1940-2020
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Left to right: Julian Bond, John LeFlore, A. J. Cooper, and John Lewis, standing. Bond and Lewis were featured speakers at the event, which was sponsored by the Non-Partisan Voters' League. LeFlore was head of the League, and Cooper was the mayor of Prichard, Alabama.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Mobile Press-Register
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History