Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Joe Reed speaking to a crowd at the Mobile County courthouse Mobile, Alabama, during a rally held to support the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act.
- Schaffner, John P.
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
African Americans--Political activity
Civil rights demonstrations
Mobile County (Ala.)
- Figures, Michael A., 1947-1996
Jackson, Jesse, 1941-
Lowery, Joseph E.
Reed, Joe L.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Michael Figures is standing behind Reed, and Jesse Jackson and Joseph Lowery are to the right.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Mobile Press-Register
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History