Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Civil rights leaders marching to support the reauthorization and extension of the Voting Rights Act in Mobile, Alabama.
- Schaffner, John P.
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
African Americans--Political activity
Civil rights demonstrations
Mobile County (Ala.)
- Bolden, Wiley, 1918-2018
Jackson, Jesse, 1941-
Lowery, Joseph E.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Left to right (starting with the woman in the white dress): Yvonne Kennedy, Joe Reed, Wiley Bolden, Joseph Lowery, Jesse Jackson, and Michael Figures (face not visible). Demonstrators are carrying signs that read, "The Poor Are Being Held Hostage by Reaganomics! S.C.L.C." and "The Poor Are Being Lynched by the Reagan Budget S.C.L.C."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Mobile Press-Register
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History