Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Several people assisting Amelia Boynton after she and other civil rights marchers were beaten and gassed by state troopers on Bloody Sunday in Selma, Alabama.
- Martin, Spider
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Dallas County (Ala.)
- Robinson, Amelia Boynton, 1911-2015
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- This image is from a strip of negatives that were taken by Spider Martin (BN0002435) but were mistakenly placed in a sleeve with negatives taken by Tom Lankford (BN0016998). Dr. Richard Burt at Auburn University discovered the error in February 2020 after performing extensive research and comparison of Bloody Sunday negatives from several different repositories.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History